Monday, December 16, 2013

Captain America #2 (Comic Book Script, Teaser!)



Captain America #2
Written by Braden Michael Kittle

PAGE 1
Captain America carries Black Widow over his shoulder as he follows the Handler running through the sewers, rubble still falling behind him from the linoleum floor they’d just smashed their way through.
“Where the hell does it lead?” Cap asks the man in the lab coat.

“Out,” he replies, shaken, “It leads us out, onto the streets, where we can… get some help… call the police…”

PAGE 2
“Are you nuts?! The police?! She’ll mop the floor with them! And by the time someone real shows up, I’m the one they’ll put behind bars! They’ll thank her for the assist.”
“Why would they do that? You’re a soldier, you’re the super-soldier. You fought for us in Vietnam…”
“And then they pulled me out and said, ‘no, this fight is no longer in America’s best interests, we need you to go kill these other people now.’ Well, I told them just where they could shove it,” Cap answers him.
“You deserted,” the Handler reflects.
“And if you think the way we treat normal deserters is bad, let me tell you, Uncle Sam doesn’t much care for a super-deserter.”
“I think I understand,” the Handler says.
“So, what’s your name anyway?” Cap asks.
“My name is Robert,” he replies, “Robert Weiss.
“Steve Rogers,” he shakes Robert’s hand, “nice to meet’ya.”

No comments:

Post a Comment